Hawaii County to Re-Open —
Hawaii Island given go-ahead for re-opening of “medium risk” operations like churches, restaurants, and salons, effective June 1, 2020.
- After three days of no new COVID-19 reports in the state of Hawaii, one new case reported by DOH on the Big Island, bringing the statewide case count to 644 as of May 27th.
- There were no newly identified cases of COVID-19 on Hawaiʻi island on Saturday, part of an ongoing downward trend in new cases statewide.
- In conjunction with Mayor Kim’s announcement, Governor David Ige announced on Friday his approval for Oʻahu, Maui and Kauaʻi to allow medium-risk business operations to re-open in accordance with his 8th supplemental emergency proclamation.
HAWAII COVID-19 IMPACT, By the Numbers …
May 28, 2020
BeyondKona continues to monitor and report on the COVID-19 pandemic, sourcing information from the most reliable and available data sources.
COVID-19 Impact on the United States
USA: COVID 19 Case Total Exceeds 1.7 Million / Over 100,000 deaths
- 1,753,314 US Confirmed Cases (the United States continues to lead the world in COVID-19 cases)
- 7,511 New US Confirmed Cases in the last 24 hours
- 102,559 US Deaths (virus-related) Total US Pandemic Deaths Now Near the 100,000 Mark
- 494,328 US COVID-19 Recoveries Total US Pandemic Recoveries Now Near the 50,000 Mark
USA TOPS WORLD TOTAL FOR CORONAVIRUS CASES and DEATHS
Though the number of new deaths has trended downward, the virus continues to circulate widely within the United States. As states move to partly reopen their economies, thousands of new cases are still being identified each day and true normalcy remains a distant vision.
GLOBAL COVID-19 IMPACT
World Coronavirus Cases breaks the 5.5 Million Mark …Virus Death Toll exceeds 342,000 … Virus Recoveries Break the 2 Million Mark
- 5,846,646 Cases WORLDWIDE (as of May 28th, 12:00 GMT)
- 359,532 Deaths WORLDWIDE (USA leads the world COVID-19 deaths)
- 2,537,595 Recoveries WORLDWIDE
For more data detail we recommend visiting: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/