New cleantech and other disrupting technologies that incorporate advances in the electrification of transportation, economically capturing the sun’s power, empowering power consumers to be clean power producers and partners through hardware, software, and communications advances that are now available to address Hawaii’s most pressing economic and environmental challenges.
Technology is also advancing at an exponential rate, presenting new opportunities to address inefficiencies and cost challenges to sustainable economic growth.
- South Africans Want Electric Vehicles — It’s Time For More Automakers To Step Upby Remeredzai Joseph Kuhudzai on January 26, 2022 at 5:20 pm
South Africa doesn’t have the perfect environment to incentivize global automakers to rush to introduce more electric vehicles. Petrol and diesel […]
- India’s ReNew Power Announces Battery Storage Partnership With Fluenceby Saurabh on January 26, 2022 at 5:05 pm
One of India’s leading renewable energy generation companies has announced a partnership with battery energy storage solutions provider Fluence. […]
- Climate Change: How Much Will It Cost? McKinsey Has The Answerby Steve Hanley on January 26, 2022 at 4:55 pm
How much money will it take to address climate change? McKinsey says it's a lot less than it will cost if we don't do it.
- Not As Good For Work: The Chevy Silverado EV vs. The Ford Lightningby Jennifer Sensiba on January 26, 2022 at 4:40 pm
A few weeks ago, Chevrolet revealed the upcoming Silverado EV. Long story short, it’s a half-ton-ish pickup truck that has a lot of the features that […]
- New Report: Pathways to Net-Zero for New Mexico’s Economyby NRDC on January 26, 2022 at 4:28 pm
In a set of briefs released today, modeling gives a new, in-depth look into pathways for New Mexico to cut climate-warming pollution while improving health and […]
- Stryten Energy Enters The Long-Duration Energy Storage Market With Acquisition of Storion Energy’s Vanadium Redox Flow Battery Technologyby Press Release on January 26, 2022 at 4:24 pm
Vanadium Redox Flow batteries are ideal for renewable energy sources such as wind and solar needed to power the U.S. transition to clean energy. Alpharetta, GA […]
- GM Buries Solid-State EV Battery Supply Chain Lede Under Historic $7 Billion Auto Newsby Tina Casey on January 26, 2022 at 4:23 pm
GM has come a long way since the 1966 Electrovair II, with big plans for new EV factories and a little hint about new solid-state EV battery technology.
- Tesla Q4 Shareholder Conference Call — Watch & Listen Hereby Zachary Shahan on January 26, 2022 at 2:46 pm
It’s time for another Tesla shareholder conference call. Well, almost time. The Tesla Q4 2021 shareholder conference call takes place today at 2:30 pm PT […]
- China Is Critical For Tesla’s Mission To Succeedby Johnna Crider on January 26, 2022 at 10:00 am
China is critical for Tesla’s mission to succeed, but many people tend to forget this. The reason it is critical is that China is the world’s […]
- China-Baiting, Greenwashedby Guest Contributor on January 26, 2022 at 9:00 am
As the world marked another flopped climate conference last year — with precious chances for action racing past — many eyes drifted toward the […]
- Elon Musk Not A Fan Of “Zero-Sum” Mindsetby Matt Pressman on January 26, 2022 at 6:00 am
Oliver Stone’s movie Wall Street, and Gordon Gekko, really captured the go-go zeitgeist of 1980s materialism and greed. Even today, it feels […]
- Reducing Wind Turbine Wakes Could Save Wind Farms Millionsby U.S. Department of Energy on January 25, 2022 at 9:15 pm
Researchers Are Collecting the Most Comprehensive Data on How Winds Move Through Wind Power Plants To Help Design More Efficient Plants and Reduce Wind Energy […]
- PG&E Proposes 6.4 GWh Battery Storage Planby Steve Hanley on January 25, 2022 at 8:34 pm
PG&E is planning to add 1,600 MW/6,400 MWh of battery storage in California by 2024.
- Avadar C3-City E-Bike — CleanTechnica Reviewby Derek Markham on January 25, 2022 at 6:03 pm
The Avadar C3-City electric bike is an excellent “drop-in” replacement for a mountain bike-style ride for those looking to get a little more oompf […]
- Climate Change & A Green Cold War: The Lloyd’s of London Viewby Steve Hanley on January 25, 2022 at 4:45 pm
The latest report report from Lloyd's of London puts a spotlight on risks most of us have never considered.
- Solid-State EV Battery Bingo Card Filling Fast: Dongfeng Motor, Nissan-Renault Numbers Come Upby Tina Casey on January 25, 2022 at 4:33 pm
Solid-state battery researchers are resolving key challenges in the search for a new EV battery that could double or even triple the range of current energy […]
- Fortescue Buys Williams Advanced Engineeringby David Waterworth on January 25, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Fortescue has bought Williams Advanced Engineering. Why? Williams and FFI have been cooperating for some time in the electrification of Fortescue’s 400 […]
- CO2 Emissions Allowance Prices Increased in Latest RGGI Auctionby U.S. Energy Information Administration on January 25, 2022 at 3:05 pm
The most recent Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) quarterly auction (held on December 1, 2021) resulted in a clearing price of $13.00 per allowance, […]
- Tesla Semi Megachargers Fully Installed At Giga Nevadaby Johnna Crider on January 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
All four Tesla Semi Megachargers are fully installed at Tesla’s Gigafactory in Nevada. Sawyer Merritt shared photos of the completed installation on […]
- There’s A New Kind Of Gold In Them There Pitsby David Waterworth on January 25, 2022 at 9:00 am
An abandoned gold mine in far north Queensland is set to become the world’s first co-located solar and pumped storage hydropower plant. The 250 MW […]
- Tesla’s Q4 2021 Revenue Should Exceed 17 Dow Componentsby Vijay Govindan on January 25, 2022 at 8:10 am
Tesla’s 2021 full year earnings will be released on Wednesday, January 26th, and I think we will find out that Tesla’s revenue has a good chance of […]
- EU Commission “Suppresses Its Own Science” By Allowing Gas In Taxonomyby Guest Contributor on January 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
T&E says gas must be removed from green investments list after expert group finds EU decision is not science based.
- GM Follows Tesla’s Lead With Algorithm-Based Insuranceby Johnna Crider on January 25, 2022 at 7:22 am
General Motors plans to launch an algorithm-based auto insurance plan by the end of Q1 2022 in select US states, Reuters reports. The insurance plan will […]
- FedEx Express Tests EVs In Indiaby Johnna Crider on January 25, 2022 at 6:01 am
FedEx Express is now testing electric vehicles in India as part of its global goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2040, FedEx has announced. The trial […]
- Odds Are Power Plants Near You Are Holding Back On Cold Daysby Guest Contributor on January 25, 2022 at 6:00 am
Extreme winter weather has revealed the flaws of energy strategies that overly rely on gas. A year ago, I wrote about how Mid-Atlantic fossil fuel power […]
- New Video Of Tesla Cybertruck Arriving At Giga Texasby Johnna Crider on January 25, 2022 at 5:26 am
The Tesla Cybertruck has been spotted arriving at Giga Texas, and it’s making a bit of buzz on Facebook and Twitter. It’s exciting to see the […]
- Panasonic Will Invest $700 Million To Make Next-Generation Batteries For Teslaby Steve Hanley on January 24, 2022 at 8:05 pm
Panasonic intends to expand a factory in Japan to produce 4680 battery cells for Tesla.
- This Guy Thinks 270 Horsepower Is Too Much In A 1991 VW Golfby Jesper Berggreen on January 24, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Volkswagen has been criticized for sending unfinished electric cars on to the streets of Denmark in order to save billions in climate fines from the EU, […]
- Plant-Based Leather Products Provide Alternatives For Upscale Clothiersby Carolyn Fortuna on January 24, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Animal leathers make many environmentally-friendly, fashion-minded people shudder. However, plant-based leather offers a new era of promise.
- NIO & XPeng Order Die-Casting Machines, NIO Confirms European Plansby Steve Hanley on January 24, 2022 at 7:12 pm
NIO and XPeng are the latest customers for high pressure die-casting machines from Idra.
- Solar Panels From CPT Break Efficiency Barrierby Steve Hanley on January 24, 2022 at 6:55 pm
Solar panels that are 35% efficient may be just a few years away.
- A Good Illustration of How Tiny Efficiencies Add Up To Big Environmental Gainsby Jennifer Sensiba on January 24, 2022 at 6:40 pm
The GMC Hummer EV is a great example of numbers getting in the way of thinking. In theory, it ticks a lot of important boxes by having the right numbers. […]
- Intel Will Transform Ohio Into A Semiconductor Chip Epicenterby Johnna Crider on January 24, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Intel has announced that it will invest more than $20 billion to build two new factories while also establishing an epicenter for advanced chipmaking in the […]
- Fife Families Put At Risk Of Fires & Flare-Ups From Hydrogen By SGNby Michael Barnard on January 24, 2022 at 6:19 pm
To the families of Fife considering SGN's offer of 'free' hydrogen appliances, be aware that you would be putting your loved ones at risk to perpetuate a […]
- Why Won’t The US Embrace EVs?by Carolyn Fortuna on January 24, 2022 at 5:44 pm
Is the hesitancy for the average US consumer to switch to an EV psychological or structural? What information needs to be shared with a lukewarm US consumer […]
- Companies Are Clamoring For Electric Trucks, But Is Anyone Listening?by Steve Hanley on January 24, 2022 at 1:15 pm
There are two electric vehicle markets: one is for private passenger cars and the other is for electric trucks for commercial customers. Many Americans are […]
- Diesel-Killing Electric Delivery Vans To Help Clean Up Noisy, Smelly E-Commerce Messby Tina Casey on January 24, 2022 at 1:00 pm
The electric vehicle revolution is here, just in time to wipe noisy, smelly, polluting diesel and gasoline delivery vans and trucks off the e-commerce maps.
- Electric Train Cars Coming From Parallel Systemsby Steve Hanley on January 24, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Parallel Systems is developing electric trains that will cut shipping costs and emissions.
- Oil Companies Under Fire From Congress & Scientistsby Steve Hanley on January 24, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Congress is about to hold new hearings about what oil companies knew, and when did they know it.
- Electric Campers Coming From Airstream, Winnebago, & Mercedesby Steve Hanley on January 24, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Winnebago and Airstream have electric campers on the way, and Mercedes is not far behind.
- Is A Congressional Climate Compromise The Way To Go?by Carolyn Fortuna on January 24, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Emissions reductions depend on constant and determined action. To succeed, policymakers across all levels of society need to continue to push forward with […]
- Redwood Materials To Launch Anode Copper Foil Productionby Johnna Crider on January 24, 2022 at 6:45 am
Redwood Materials is planning to start up its anode copper foil production facility in the first half of this year and start shipping to customers, the company […]
- VETERIA21 Project Will Transform Thermoplastics For Use In EV Battery Casingsby Johnna Crider on January 24, 2022 at 4:50 am
The VETERIA21, which is being developed by AIMPLAS, a plastics technology company located in Spain, is focusing on advanced manufacturing processes to obtain […]
- Is Switzerland’s Electric Vehicle Story A Preview For The Rest Of The Globe?by Iqtidar Ali on January 24, 2022 at 4:29 am
For a long time, Norway was the ultimate trendsetter when it came to the future of electric vehicle adoption. Now there’s another country worth […]
- Deutsche Post Offsets CO2 Emissions For Letter Mail Transportby Johnna Crider on January 24, 2022 at 4:20 am
Deutsche Post Group DHL has announced that it’s offsetting carbon dioxide emissions for letter mail transport in 2022 at no extra charge. DHL noted that […]
- What the Frack Is Happening With Natural Gas Prices?by email@example.com on October 27, 2021 at 3:58 pm
At the beginning of the pandemic, energy prices crashed. We did an episode of this show trying to figure out how oil prices fell to negative $40 per […]
- Where Will DOE’s Loan Program Make the Next Climate Tech Investments?by firstname.lastname@example.org on October 23, 2021 at 10:22 am
The U.S. Department of Energy is crucial for funding, researching, and testing emerging energy tech.Now, in the Biden era, the agency is orienting itself […]
- With an Energy Crisis Brewing, No Peak in Sight for Emissionsby email@example.com on October 23, 2021 at 10:21 am
EIA and IEA are out with projections for emissions and fossil fuel consumption. And they don’t look good. On our current policy trajectory, there […]
- Where Green Hydrogen Is Headedby firstname.lastname@example.org on October 14, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Suddenly everyone is talking about green hydrogen. From South Africa to the United Arab Emirates. From China to Utah. Governments and developers are […]
- Why TransitTech Is So Vital to Struggling Public Transportation Systemsby email@example.com on October 10, 2021 at 9:17 am
Ride sharing has swept transportation systems over the last decade -- bringing convenience, but also congestion, inequities, and political fights.Now a new […]